“What’s the point of coffee if it doesn’t have any caffeine?” said all coffee lovers.
Yes, caffeine is a great stimulant, but don’t ignore decaffeinated coffee’s milder-and sometimes-sweeter taste.
You might want to consider a good decaf coffee if you want to enjoy the great taste of basic coffee. Just without the buzz afterward.
K-cups are a CONVENIENT AND SIMPLE way to make coffee.
Pop it in your machine and let it brew, voila! Your cup of joe is good to go!
Here are some of the best decaf k cups to get you started.
- 1 Decaf K-cups for Keurig K-Cup Machines and Coffee Makers
- 1.1 BEST OVERALL: Folgers 100% Colombian Decaf K Cup
- 1.2 BEST VALUE: Crazy Cups Decaf Variety Pack
- 1.3 BEST BUDGET PICK: McCafe Premium Roast Decaf Coffee K-Cup Pods
- 1.4 Original Donut Shop Decaf Medium Roast Coffee
- 1.5 Peet’s Coffee Decaf House Blend Dark Roast
- 1.6 Newman’s Organics Decaf K Cups – Medium Roast
- 1.7 Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Decaf K Cups
- 1.8 San Francisco Bay Decaf K-Cup
- 1.9 Starbucks Decaf K-Cup Coffee Pods
- 1.10 Eight O’Clock Coffee The Original Decaf
- 1.11 Barista Prima Italian Roast Decaf K-Cups
- 2 Which Is Better? Caffeinated or Decaffeinated?
- 3 Should You Start Switching To Decaf Coffee?
- 4 Where Else Can I Get Caffeine?
- 5 Winner Picks
- 6 Final Thoughts
“The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup.”
What the commercials say is true! And yes, this applies to decaf k-cups as well!
Folgers has been around for years, and it is still going strong. This decaffeinated coffee will for sure start your morning off right!
It is made of 100% pure natural arabica beans from the mountains and masterfully roasted to decaffeinate coffee with RICH and BOLD flavors.
You won’t even be able to tell that you are drinking decaf!
And the smell is INCREDIBLE. You will not want to wake up to anything else other than that nutty chocolate aroma.
- No aftertaste
- It tastes just like instant coffee
- More pricey than others
- It might be too strong taste-wise
Want to add a kick of flavor to your daily cup? Crazy Cups has just EVERYTHING you need.
In one pack, you can get a variety of different coffee flavors you wouldn’t even think of. They do stay true to their name, CRAZY!
Crazy Cups Variety Pack gives you a bunch of assorted flavors of decaf blend with each pack.
Some customer favorites are the Chocolate Coconut Dream and the Banana Foster Famble. These will surely start your morning on a high note.
All flavors are the perfect balance of sweetness and deliciousness. You are for sure going to find your favorite!
Have the best of both worlds by tasting both coffee AND the distinct flavors of chocolate, coconut, vanilla, or whatever it may be!
Beautifully packaged, each k-cup is served in recyclable cups and with no artificial ingredients or added sugars.
If you’re the adventurous foodie type, this is the k-cup for you! Enjoy a chocolate flavor coffee while staying healthy.
- No added sugars
- No artificial sweeteners; chocolate flavors are natural
- K-cups may have a faulty design
Everyone knows and loves McDonald’s, right? You will love their decaf coffee k-cups more!
Each k-cup will give you a rich, smooth, fresh cup with a clean finish. These are PERFECT for whenever you find yourself wanting to get a sip of coffee in the comfort of your own home.
With balanced flavors and wonderful smells, their signature medium-dark roast blend is TOP-TIER!
It’ll have you wanting a classic breakfast meal set.
This brand is fresh coffee in its FINEST and SIMPLEST form. Whether in the morning or at night before bedtime, a cup of this will leave you very satisfied.
McDonald’s Arabica coffee beans are naturally-sourced! These k-cups are composed of recyclable materials for a healthier planet.
- Recyclable k-cups
- Affordable prices
- Classic and smooth light roast taste, no bitterness
- It does not come in as many flavors as others
Original Donut Shop is popular with their decaf k cups, and here’s why!
Their decaf k cups are high-quality and meet a lot of high standards.
Everything is JUST RIGHT, not too light nor too dark. They got that perfect balance for a medium roast.
It has everything, from a FRESH AROMA to the LIGHT AND DELICIOUS FLAVORS to the LOW BITTERNESS.
They even have some flavored pods, if that’s more your taste!
Although it is on the pricier side, it is a solid brand of the best decaf k-cups that will leave your mouth watering with every brew.
- Recyclable k-cup pods
- No allergens or artificial flavors
- 100% medium roast Arabica coffee
- More coffee pods in one pack (96)
- A little pricey
- It might come with difficult packaging
Peet’s k-cups gives you its signature blend with ALL NATURALLY-SOURCED arabica beans and the best decaf coffee!
You have got many flavors to choose from, from light roast decaf to dark roast. All k-cups are rich and delicious and will leave you wanting more! You will not miss caffeine after this!
It is also a great brand to introduce non-coffee drinkers to the wonderful world of coffee, as Mr. Alfred Peet says himself.
Make the most out of your day with these single-serve k-cups!
- It comes in light roast decaf, medium roast, and dark roast
- Recyclable pods
- May be stronger than others
- A little more expensive than others
Newman’s medium decaf k-cups are all FRESH AND ALL-NATURAL, which is a big plus already!
But their organic decaffeinated coffee hits differently.
With strong but smooth, full-bodied flavors, you can have a k-cup of a different flavor of delicious medium roasted beans EVERY DAY AND NIGHT!
And the best part is: it does not even taste like a decaf (if you miss the rich taste of caffeine). There is no better substitute to the real thing!
- USDA certified organic beans
- Light bitterness, smoky medium roast coffee
- May come in poor packaging
- Might have leftover coffee grounds in the coffee maker after use
Who knew the mountains could be the origin of such delicious coffee? Just close your eyes as you taste the unique origins of the coffee beans!
For all of you who like your coffee black and strong, this is the way to go!
This dark roast coffee blend is “dark and intense,” as Green Mountain puts it. You cannot go wrong with a brand that gives you the best decaf k cups with the RICHEST and BOLDEST tastes.
It’s blended with fruit and a deep chocolate flavor for a sweet finish.
Even if it’s decaf, the STRONG KICK OF FLAVOR will surely have you up and about.
No other brand will leave you feeling as energized as this one! One sip will take you to a peaceful foggy cabin in the mountains.
- 100% responsibly sourced, straight from nature
- More coffee pods (highest being 96)
- Green Mountain also has light roast k-cups
- Flavors may be too strong
- May come in poor packaging
If you like your decaf k-cups FULL, SMOKY, and FLAVORFUL, then San Francisco Bay is for you!
The strong taste will bring back to the foggy bay of San Francisco.
The dark French roast is a rich-quality decaf coffee that is ethically sourced Arabica beans from the regions of Central and South America. These locations are guaranteed to provide many unique and exotic blends!
Every sip tastes wonderful and comes from eco-friendly materials and all-natural sources!
Even non-decaf drinkers will love it since it tastes just like caffeinated coffee! (or real coffee, as they would put it).
If you need to cut down on caffeine, this brand will fill in that void.
- Compostable materials
- Organic coffee made from plant-based materials
- Quick and easy brew
- Fluctuating costs
- It might have faulty packaging
We all know Starbucks is probably the most popular coffee brand in the world, right?
But you have to give more love to their decaf k-cups!
Starbucks’ house blend is a medium roast with nut and cocoa flavors! Have a taste of their house blend roast of light and mellow flavors.
Their Arabica beans are high-quality and ethically grown for various sweet tastes.
Who knew that Starbucks’ decaf k-cups are 100% CAFFEINE-FREE!
Whether you believe it or not, one thing is for sure; you will want to say goodbye to your pumpkin spice latte after you have a taste of this.
It’s SMOOTH and perfect for those who aren’t into the strong bitter flavor of dark roast coffee beans.
- No acidity
- No aftertaste
- On the pricier side
- The flavor is weaker than others
For a company that’s been making coffee since 1859, their quality has surely never declined!
Eight O’Clock makes their quality coffee k-cups from 100% PURE medium roast Arabica coffee beans. Mellow down with a clean and flavorful cup of rich decaf coffee any time of the day.
Whether you like dark, bold, mild, or whatever, or if you want to take a break from other brands and go exploring, then Eight O’Clock has got you covered!
It is a classic brand ready to serve smooth and full-bodied coffee, and your taste buds will not be disappointed!
- Made with recyclable materials
- No aftertaste
- Balanced flavor
- It might be more expensive to order online
- Not as many flavors as others
If you miss that dark and strong taste of caffeine, then Barista Prima offers the best decaf blend alternative!
Their coffee k-cups are made out of the FINEST and FRESHEST medium roast Arabica beans. They provide a rich, heavily-bodied coffee blended with fresh fruit to give you incomparable flavors!
Each sip is the perfect dark roast blend of smoothness, strength, and balanced flavors, and it will not let you down! Its balanced taste packs the same punch as a caffeinated cup of coffee.
You won’t want to go back to other dark roast k-cups after having this! And all your caffeine-drinking friends will probably want to steal a pod or two from you.
- Decaf with bold flavors
- It does not taste different from caffeinated coffee
- The taste might be too harsh or bitter for those with sensitive taste buds
We know, we know.
“Why drink coffee if you’re just going to get a decaf one?”
Now before you come at us with pitchforks and torches while yelling “caffeinated,” let’s take a look at the pros and cons of both.
- Caffeine is a natural stimulant needed for energy-boosting. It gives you the kick you need to start the day.
- More energy leads to better mental performance, allowing us to concentrate and focus better.
- Drinking caffeine in coffee has health benefits. It can prevent diseases like cancer and strokes and can serve as an antioxidant.
- Too much coffee can lead to heartburn and restlessness.
- Drinking caffeine may lead to more health complications if you are pregnant or have a chronic disease.
- Decaffeinated coffee can lower the risk of certain diseases like diabetes.
- The reduced caffeine can lead to better sleep and lowered anxiety
- Decaf is lower in acidity, which can prevent things like heartburn.
- All the natural elements in caffeine from unroasted coffee beans are removed during the decaffeination process.
- Decaf is made with a lot of chemicals.
As you can see, both caffeinated and decaf coffee are not that different from each other apart from caffeine amount.
Of course, you never want to have TOO much caffeine. The decaf option is there to balance everything out.
Whether you’re drinking decaf or not, it is always best to monitor and moderate your coffee intake.
Some might say NEVER! But let’s ignore them for now.
You might find yourself going back and forth between whether to drink caffeinated or decaf in the morning, so it can be hard to decide.
To find which is better may seem like a matter of assessing your health and coffee drinking habits.
- Perhaps the best time to switch to decaffeinated coffee is if you are pregnant or have some underlying health condition.
- Or if you’re having sleeping problems and want to adjust your body clock.
- Decaf is also great for those who have stomach acidity problems since decaf beans are smoother.
You don’t want too much caffeine in your system if you count yourself in one of these cases.
Who knows? You may be feeling perfectly healthy now, but the harmful effects of way too much caffeine will creep up soon.
It may be time to slow down a bit and drink decaf coffee before that happens.
Remember always to drink your coffee RESPONSIBLY and MODERATELY.
Of course, if you don’t like the bitter taste of coffee, there are other sources to get it.
Green tea or soft drinks may also be good sources for that energy booster you need. Just remember not to drink too much of it!
Caffeine is also naturally found in fruits, leaves, or nuts. You can add these to flavored coffees and other beverages.
Even chocolate is a good source of caffeine as it also comes from cocoa beans, just like coffee.
You really can’t beat the classics! And you can’t beat the best decaf k cup.
Folgers have been making consistent coffee for years now. And now, they even have the best decaf k-cups you could ask for.
This decaf k-cup is our best overall pick since even with low caffeine, its taste IS SO RICH; it’s almost like regular coffee.
With its strong flavors and heavenly aroma, there is a reason why Folgers is, once again, the best part of waking up!
With so many flavors, you get way more than you pay.
Crazy Cups has both flavored and unflavored k-cups to choose from. If you have adventurous taste buds, one pack has a lot to offer.
Either way, there will always be a k-cup of a unique, flavorful coffee waiting for you in the morning!
Start your day with a kick of a Crazy Cup flavor.
You can always count on McDonald’s to give quality decaf k-cups at reasonable prices.
It is the perfect balance of light roast and dark roast, strong and weak, and when you throw in a little cream and sugar, it is like magic!
Save yourself a trip to the nearest McDonald’s branch every morning and enjoy this k-cup in the comfort of your own home.
Related: Best Keurig Coffee Makers
There you have it; the best decaf k cups for you!
Switching from caffeine to decaf is tough and unheard of for some; we get it. But there are a lot of decaf alternatives that you won’t even want to go back to caffeine after trying.
We would personally invest in a pack of Folgers decaf k-cups. It is hard to overlook how long it has been around and still produces amazing classic coffee.
There are a lot of choices to experiment with and find which is THE one for you.
So get to your coffee makers and start brewin’!
Last update on 2023-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API